Reflection Paper #2

Jingyu Zhang

FIQWS 10105

9/25/2019

Reflection paper #2

In the essay entitled Why I Write, George Orwell lists 4 reasons why he believes people write, which are sheer egoism, aesthetic enthusiasm, historical impulse, and political purpose. I agree with his reasons that historical impulse and political purpose. Historical impulse is important because people record some truth about something for the posterity. It makes the posterity to know something about the past. If there is no historical record, we can not know the history better. Also, people can express their political views in their words. There are many authors show their opinions in their books, it is a good way to express. I disagree with sheer egoism because I think most of the writers just want to talk something about their life. After I read some books, I realized that no matter how wonderful the works are, they all come from lives.

For me, the reasons of writing is to express myself and record my life. There are many things in the world that I pass by, and I do not want to miss all of the moments that something makes me sigh with emotion or think deeply, so I would like to record those things. I can recall the moments in my words. Therefore, recording my life became my habit. Writing is a way to express myself. I like to vent my emotions by writing. When I have conflicts with others, I always write them down. It make me feel better after I finish writing. Also, when I have something joyful, I write them down. It is like writing becomes my  friend, and I can share my sadness and happiness with it.